In 2020, InteliCare – a local WA tech company that’s supporting seniors and people with a disability to live independently at their own homes – took out the top gong for the categories of:
- Smarter communities: for their InteliCare Smart Home monitoring that uses AI to support seniors and people with disabilities to live safely and confidently in their homes.
- Social impact: for their InteliCare Ageing In Place AI Platform, a mobile app providing family members and carers a non-invasive, real time view of their loved ones’ behaviours and real-time alerts if behaviours change.
InteliCare continued their winning streaks at the national iAwards, winning top prize for:
- Not-For-Profit and Community Solution of the Year and,
- Technology Platform Solution of the Year, and
- The prestigious overall Victorian Government Inspiration Award from a field comprising over 40 technology companies, including some of the biggest names in research and technology.
Jason Waller, CEO of InteliCare, shares with us why entering the INCITE Awards helped with how to successfully pitch to investors!
INCITE Awards: Jason, why did you and the InteliCare team choose to enter the Awards?
Jason: We entered to gain exposure and bring credibility to our product via independent evaluation.
INCITE Awards: What were the highlights of your awards journey?
Jason: The highlight was winning across multiple categories! However, easily one of the biggest benefits was going through the process of justifying our value both in the entry itself and to the judging panels. That self-audit is critical to removing cognitive bias.
INCITE Awards: Why do you think WA innovators should enter the Awards?
Jason: At some stage, innovators need to stop drinking their own Gatorade, listen to the market and answer constructive criticism. Entering the INCITE Awards is a fabulous “forcing mechanism”, as well as gaining exposure to the way others have gone through their journey.
If you ever want to be able to successfully pitch to investors, practicing the art in these awards goes a long way!
INCITE Awards: What is InteliCare up to in 2021?
Jason: In 2021, I see our machine learning taking a leap ahead so that our product keeps getting smarter and able to support more senior Australians and those living with a disability to feel safe and confident to live independently.
Find out more about InteliCare at https://intelicare.com.au/