On Saturday 8 May, the Lateral INCITE Awards conducted its first ever online event and Virtual Pitchfest.
Eleven of our State’s innovators took up the challenge of pitching their technology in one minute for our judges to review.
Here are some event highlights from the 29th Lateral INCITE Awards Virtual Pitchfest event.
- 11 x pitchers
- MC’d by Charlie Gunningham
- 3 Judges – Greg Riebe (Entrepreneurs in Residence), Mark Pownall (Business News) and Kali Norman (SpaceCubed)
- Minister Dave Kelly presentation
- Tommy Shin of Lateral Australia (Diamond Sponsor) presentation and attendance
- Zoom broadcast to YouTube Live Stream to a landing page with audience engagement (Q&A and Polls) via sli.do
- Over $5000 in prizes:
- $1500 Business News advertising
- $3300 co-working space membership for 3 months
- 2 x GroupMap Pro License
- $200 Amazon Gift Voucher
- 203 event registrations
- 176 viewers (at its peak) during the live stream
- 879 unique page views between Friday 8 May – Monday 11 May 2020 at https://inciteawards.org.au/virtual-pitchfest-2020/
- Attendees’ top 5 location profile: Perth, Sydney, UK, USA and Singapore
Event feedback highlights
- Just fantastic! Please pass on my congratulations to the team, really terrific. – Professor Lyn Beazley
- Great pitches ! Very proud that NEC can be associated with all this innovation. – Marcus Ashby, NEC
- I was pleasantly surprised how well the Lateral Incite Awards went off last Friday in the virtual format. Very cool! Some interesting businesses too… – Roban Clare, AusIndustry
- Well done to the organising team at lateral INCITE, you did an amazing job – Andrea Dearden, WAITTA Chair
Watch it again!
You can watch the recorded Virtual Pitchfest again at: https://inciteawards.org.au/virtual-pitchfest-2020/